The Coolest Pillow Sewing Tip Ever!

This tip came from the Sew Daily Newsletter I receive by Email. 
This is an Interweave Publication.

The Coolest Trick Ever for Sewing a Pillow


I just learned the most amazing tip for sewing a pillow from Modern
Patchwork 2012.

  
Hanging Flags Pillow by Melissa
Lunden in
Modern Patchwork 2012
Whenever I make a pillow, I always 
get pointy corners. It completely 
baffles me because I started out 
with a perfect square.

Well, there's a neat solution for
that. I  found this trick in the 
Hanging Flags Fusible-Appliqué
Pillow project by Melissa Lunden.
Thank you, Melissa,  for solving
one of life's great mysteries!

1) Measure and cut your pillow 
rectangle.

2) Mark the center of each side of the pillow.

3) Mark in ½" from each corner of the pillow.

4) Draw a line from each side's center to each corner, so that the 
pillow now looks
 like a slightly squished square.
   
Trim ½" from the sides of each corner.

5) Trim the pillow along these lines 
and sew as usual. No more pointy
corners!

 





For more great patchwork projects 
and tips, check out the thoroughly

Do you have a brilliant sewing trick 
up your sleeve?  Share it on the Sew Daily blog.

Happy stitching!

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Where We Meet

Meeting Times are the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays. At Las Campanas Social Center 565 West Belltower Drive, Green Valley, AZ 85614 (520) 648-7669 Get directions

    Visitors



    About Us

    Southern California, United States

    Followers


Recent Comments