GVR Fit & Fun Day
Yesterday Green Valley Recreation (GVR) held a Fit and Fun day to introduce the members to all the clubs and groups that are available. It started at 12 noon and ran until 4 pm. I, being the always early person, was late. Jane Smith, Janie Schott and I were to do demonstrations showing some of the things we do in the club or that can be done. I had put the correct times on my calender but somehow it got twisted in my brain and I thought it was from 1pm to 4pm. When I arrived I could not believe how full the parking lot was. I finally made my way to the table for the group and got set up.
From then on the day went very fast. I set up my machine for Free Motion Machine Quilting. Jane was doing paper piecing and Janie was showing Hexies. Even though it was quite noisy in the room, I think we had very successful demos. I think lots of people are going to come by and visit us and hopefully we will get new members.
Here is the count for our club year of October 1 to September 30, 2014. We have 45 members at this point. I don't know the breakdown of Snowbirds to Full timers but that might be something to put on the membership form.
If there is anyone in the group that would like to post to this blog, I could use the help. I keep saying that I will post more often, but as you can see, that has not happened.
Welcome to all the Snowbirds that have come back.
I can't wait to see all the projects that everyone is working on.
Bonita
From then on the day went very fast. I set up my machine for Free Motion Machine Quilting. Jane was doing paper piecing and Janie was showing Hexies. Even though it was quite noisy in the room, I think we had very successful demos. I think lots of people are going to come by and visit us and hopefully we will get new members.
Here is the count for our club year of October 1 to September 30, 2014. We have 45 members at this point. I don't know the breakdown of Snowbirds to Full timers but that might be something to put on the membership form.
If there is anyone in the group that would like to post to this blog, I could use the help. I keep saying that I will post more often, but as you can see, that has not happened.
Welcome to all the Snowbirds that have come back.
I can't wait to see all the projects that everyone is working on.
Bonita
0 comments:
Post a Comment